Instead of discarding your food scraps, you are able to recycle them through the help of worms. Vermicomposting (worm composting) turns many types of kitchen waste right into a nutritious soil for plants. When worm compost is included with soil, it boosts the nutrients offered to plants and enhances soil structure and drainage.
Using worms to decompose food waste offers several positive aspects:
1. It reduces household garbage entering land fill saving councils money
2. It produces less odor and attracts fewer pests than putting food wastes in to a bin
3. It saves the water and electricity use of sink garbage disposal units
4. It creates a free, high-quality soil conditioner
5. It requires little space, and engages children in recycling all waste,
6. Lots of Free worm baits for fishing.