Improving your memory retention can help you in so many ways. It has a positive effect on your business practices, your personal hobbies, and might even help to fight off cognitive deficits when you age. There are many memory improvement tips, with a few being stronger than others. In this article we will discuss some of the best, quickest and easiest ways to improve your memory function.Cooking with brain healthy herbs and spices can boost your brain. Add these 10 spices to your diet to improve your brain health.
1. Turmeric: Found in curry, turmeric contains a chemical that has been shown to decrease the plaques in the brain thought to be responsible for Alzheimers disease.
2. Saffron: In three studies, a saffron extract was found to be as effective as antidepressant medication in treating people with major depression.
3. Sage: Sage has very good scientific evidence that it helps boost memory.
4. Cinnamon: Cinnamon has been shown to help attention and it helps regulate blood sugar, which decreases cravings. Plus, cinnamon is a natural aphrodisiac for men not that most men need much help.
5. Basil: This potent antioxidant improves blood flow to the heart and brain and has anti-inflammatory properties that offer protection from Alzheimers disease.
6. Thyme: Supplementing the diet with thyme has been shown to increase the amount of DHA an essential fatty acid in the brain.
7. Oregano: Dried oregano has 30 times the brain-healing antioxidant power of raw blueberries, 46 times more than apples, and 56 times as much as strawberries, making it one of the most powerful brain cell protectors on the planet.
8. Garlic: Garlic promotes better blood flow to the brain and killed brain cancer cells in a 2007 study.
9. Ginger: Can ginger make you smarter? A study that combined ginger with ginkgo biloba suggests that it does. Ginger root extract may also be helpful in the treatment of Parkinsons disease and migraine headaches.
10. Rosemary: A 2006 study reported that rosemary diminishes cognitive decline in people with dementia.