The dressing can be made several days ahead, and the snap beans blanched up to one day ahead.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 2/3 cup(s) plain thick yogurt (strained yogurt)
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon(s) snipped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounce(s) creamy-style Danish blue cheese, crumbled
- 12 ounce(s) green beans, trimmed
- 12 ounce(s) yellow wax beans, trimmed
- 2 pint(s) mixed red and yellow cherry, grape, or pear tomatoes
- 1 small bunch radishes, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Prepare the dressing: In a bowl, whisk all ingredients, except blue cheese, until blended. Stir in blue cheese. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Prepare the salad: Bring a pot of salted water to a boil; add beans and blanch 4 to 5 minutes, until crisp-tender. Drain; plunge into a bowl of ice water. When beans are cold, drain and pat dry.
- In a large serving bowl, mix beans, tomatoes, and radishes. Add the oil, salt, and pepper; toss. Drizzle 1 cup of the dressing over salad. Serve remaining dressing on the side.